Laboratory Supervisor (9210)
Medical Technologist | Marlborough, MA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Laboratory Supervisor for a Direct Hire opportunity with our client located in Marlborough, MA. In this role, you will be responsible for the scheduling and supervision of lab personnel on multiple functions and will be accountable for quantity and quality of specimens and test results.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Motivate team to attain organizational goals.
- Utilize initiatives from the Operating Model to increase efficiency/productivity.
- Promote continuous improvement through empowerment and management data.
- Manage the performance and behavior of staff.
- Utilize performance management tools to promote positive and professional behavior.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Keep management informed of emerging issues and concerns.
- Distribute and assign work to staff.
- Perform advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques.
- Reevaluate methodology, making recommendations for changes and test interpretation.
- Determine if further testing of samples is warranted or if test should be repeated.
- Review and approve all specialized and problem reports.
- Initiate quality-control measures and monitor quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
- Prepare written correspondence related to performance management, PD&R’s, etc.
- Complete special projects as requested (surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.).
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the technical skills needed within the department(s).
- Assist with resolving problems for critical accounts.
- Perform duties of technologist as necessary by absence or peak workload.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: BS in Medical Technology.
- 5+ years of experience in a laboratory environment.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.