IV Pharmacy Technician (5469)
Pharmacy Technician | Baton Rouge, LA | Contract
IV Pharmacy Technician
Work Location: Baton Rouge, LA
InGenesis has exciting opportunity for a Certified Pharmacy Technician with compounding experience to work with our customer located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Assist pharmacist with accurate preparation/dispense of medications and supplies.
• Record/maintain pharmacy temperature and cleaning logs.
• Ensure clean environment per client standards.
• Perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct doses of medications.
• Prepare medications with accurate compounding.
• Ensure a licensed pharmacist checks all compounding/packing.
• Adhere to appropriate safety and quality assurance practices.
• Communicate scope of services available through the client.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient and proprietary information.
• Assess, manage, and report medication-related incidents and equipment error/failure.
• Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience: 1+ year of sterile compounding experience.
• Licensure: Active Pharm Tech license in the state of Louisiana.
• Certification(s): Current National Certification, required. CSPT certification, preferred.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.