Epidemiology Investigation | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking an Epidemiologist to work with our client located in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will use your experience in general surveillance, data management, and data set analyses to investigate outbreaks of COVID-19, identify infection risks, and prevent further cases.
This position will be blended with a combination of home-based workdays, as well as travel to Harrisburg locations. If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Write recommendations using best practices and published guidance (if available).
• Provide expert consultation to field staff, county/municipal health departments, and healthcare providers and facilities via phone or email to guide prevention and control of infections.
• May provide information via webinars, written publications, and presentations to educate healthcare providers and facilities, commonwealth employees, county/municipal health departments.
• Present, publish, and report findings to disseminate information and advance scientific knowledge.
• Collect, manage, and interpret epidemiologic data for surveillance, prevention programs, and outbreak response.
• Use available software including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Graduate degree in epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, data science or related discipline with hand on experience in relational database management.
• Strong understanding of epidemiology.
• Experience with general surveillance, data management, data set analysis, etc.
• Preferred but not required: Experience with mapping software ArcGIS and proficiency with SAS.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.