Director of IT Services (11540)
Information Technology | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Director of IT Services to work with our client. In this role, you will manage and direct a team of IT specialists to provide uninterrupted services and support for an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF) contracts program. Primary responsibilities include identifying needs of the facility, creating solutions in areas where there may be shortfalls or gaps, assisting in identifying software and hardware needs to improve workflow and reduce interruptions of service or operations. The Director of IT Services reports to the Vice President-Site Operations
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Ensure that the IT department provides high-quality, responsive support to end-users, resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Lead the IT Department in the design, implementation, inventory management, and maintenance of technology systems and infrastructure to support the organization’s operations.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in the IT field and recommend innovative solutions to enhance the organization’s technology infrastructure and operations.
- Optimizing existing IT processes to increase efficiency and meet customer needs.
- Continue to enhance security practices to enhance cybersecurity and reduce interruption of services.
- Communicate with department heads and staff to identify specific needs.
- Train staff in the use f computer software and/or establish demonstration and training from vendors to ensure proper operation and prevent cyber-attacks and information hacking.
- Establish security protocols for staff to follow to prevent data breaches and violations of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Ensures software and hardware are routinely updated with current versions and that all licenses are tracked and in place for user accessibility.
- Establish a process and procedure, through electronic means, to provide help desk resources and request for IT and communication issues.
- Communicates with outside vendors and contractors for services provided to include data services providers, computer and peripheral leased equipment, communication equipment, etc.
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by agency leadership.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Manage the IT department budget, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively to support the organization’s needs.
- Collaborating with other departments to identify needs and shortfalls to prevent work stoppages and ensure departments receive critical items timely.
- May be required to workdays, evenings, and weekends as part of the overall safety preventative operations program.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers, and professionals.
- Participate as the liaison between departments and supply chains to provide requested products and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, or a similar field.
- Certified Information Technology Manager, preferred.
- 10 years of experience as an Information Technology Specialist or similar role.
- 5 years of experience as a Director of IT Services.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems, hardware and software equipment, networking, and best practices.
- Experience in controlling IT budget.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding best practices in information technology.
- Knowledge of inventory control and IT tracking software.
- Ability to prepare reports using collected data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe working environment to prevent injury to persons or damage to supplies and equipment.
- Ability to make time crucial decisions during emergencies and disasters for providing emergency response and recovery to restore the facility back to normal operations.
- Manage staff to complete task orders in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, manager, and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe, and various computer-based programs and software.
- Working knowledge of asset tracking and management systems.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Works well as a team member and independently.
- Skilled in time management.
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills.
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Must pass an extensive federal background check, including fingerprinting.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screenings throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Must not have any violations of Domestic Violence or Abuse or any violations against children. This includes any cases that are currently open, were adjudicated, or a conviction was received.
- Must attend work according to routine schedules and during emergencies and disasters.
- Must always maintain current contact information during employment.
- Must have reliable transportation to attend work according to work or shift schedule.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.