DIRECT SERVICE PROFESSIONAL (PA258)
Mental Health | Hamburg, PA | Full Time
DIRECT SERVICE PROFESSIONAL
Seeking qualified Direct Service Professionals (DSP) to provide services to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Hamburg PA. The position offers a structured schedule which allows for a great work/life balance all while servicing your local government and making a difference in your community.
- The DSP is responsible and accountable for assisting lead work and supervisory residential staff with development, delivery and monitoring of daily services in the areas of self-care, socialization and health maintenance as specified in each individual’s Individual Habilitation Plan/Individual Support Plan (IHP/ISP) with overall coordination and direction coming from the Residential Service Supervisor (RSS) in conjunction with guidance and instruction from the Residential Service Worker (RSW), Residential Service Aide Supervisor (RSAS) and/or other program staff on the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- The DSP may be requested to assist with the development of each individual's IHP/ISP by completing designated portions of the Self-Care Assessment and/or Training Plan/Supplemental Procedure information in order to maximize the availability of complete and accurate information about each individual's strengths, likes and needs.
- Assist in the implementation of each individual's IHP/ISP by conducting specified Training Plans/Supplemental Procedures in order to maximize the delivery of Active Treatment.
- Assist with monitoring and revision of each individual's IHP/ISP by recording/reporting required information regarding Training Plans/Supplemental Procedures in order to maximize the effectiveness of services toward meeting the individual's most pressing needs.
- Participate as a member of the IDT by interacting with other team members, communicating information on skills, strengths and discussing need areas in order to maximize delivery of Active Treatment through the IDT process.
- Record information in assigned individuals' unit records in order to document and communicate information to other members of the team.
- Serves as a role model employee by complying with policy and procedure, advocating for the developmentally disabled, assuring individual privacy, personal dignity and Rights are continually maintained.
- Provide opportunities of choice for individuals served. This is done in a manner that minimizes risk but provides an opportunity for growth in the individual’s daily activities.
- Complete related duties and assignments to interacting regularly with unit and facility staff in order to maintain effective unit operations.
Essential Job Functions as outlined by Center specific policy for each function:
The frequency and duration of these activities may vary from unit to unit and shift to shift. Each unit maintains sufficient numbers of physically able employees to operate within established health and safety standards. These capabilities are essential to all components of the job in order to ensure the health and safety of the Individuals served.
- Carries out the daily routine of the Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Assists, guides, and encourages Individuals with daily needs.
- Provides daily routine physical care to Individuals.
- Lifts, positions, and transfers ambulatory and non-ambulatory Individuals with the assistance of other employees and assistive devices as stated in each Centers lifting and transfer policy.
- Assists/transports people that use non-motorized wheelchairs, lifts, litters, or other assistive devices to be ambulatory.
- Observes and reports Individual's behavior.
- Escorts Individuals to various activities, both on and off campus.
- Perform CPR, Heimlich maneuver, and other emergency procedures/evacuations.
- Participates in housekeeping functions.
- Understands/interprets oral and written instructions.
- Two (2) years’ experience performing direct care and habilitative program services for individuals with a developmental disability
- Successful completion of the DHS Aide Trainee Program
- Current CPR certification
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.