CREDENTIALING ASSISTANT (1029cc)
Credentialing Department | Washington, DC | Full Time
An established and successful Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time Credentialing Assistant to provide services at a government run facility in Washington DC. The position provides an excellent opportunity to enhance and gain valuable work experience. Competitive pay, PTO, paid holidays, and shift differentials are offered. Come join our Team!
- BA/BS required, with a minimum of 1-year credentialing experience, preferably in the medical/healthcare environment.
- Experience in automated credentialing systems and certification as a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist desired.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, to prioritize needs and expedite credentialing upon request. Strong attention to detail.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills that ensure clear, effective communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information, and exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information.
- Responsible for all functions related to healthcare worker and other contractor staff credentialing and re-credentialing in accordance with regulatory/compliance guidelines as well as Company requirements.
- Responsible for obtaining and verifying credentials, certifications, state licensures, and other professional credentials as well as maintaining on-going checks to ensure that all credentials remain current.
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the credential files, whether in hard copy form or electronic.
- Initiates and follows through on all aspects of the credentialing process, including initial and re-credentialing for all healthcare and other staff as needed.
- Prepare and generate healthcare worker and other staff credentialing packets and provide guidance to ensure timely completion.
- Conduct various background checks from a wide variety of sources as needed to verify the credentials and suitability of candidates, including but not limited to: NPDB, OIG/GSA, National Sex Offender Registry, and American Data Bank.
- Maintain new hire files as well as ongoing credential files for staff and make them accessible as needed. Ensure they contain evidence of all certifications required, including training requirements, such as BLS/CPR/AED.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the currency of all credential files. Verify that annual or other training/licensure is completed on a timely basis, and that credential files are updated to reflect the current status of all staff.
- Produce monthly and ad hoc reports to identify any missing data or credentials, any credentials and/or certifications that are lapsing, and the status of employees' credential files.
- Verify/validate employment experience, education, licensure, residency and other training, specialty board certification or current eligibility, and any other information from a resume, curriculum vitae, etc. as needed. Document all work performed to ensure that all information is properly recorded and tracked.
- Work closely with recruiting staff as needed to provide updates on the status of activities and notify them of the outcome of research.
- Other duties as assigned.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.