Clinical Medical Records Clerk (cgteam-tc)
Medical Records | Moon Township, PA | Full Time and Contract
Clinical Medical Records Clerk
Work Location: Moon Township, PA
Request, follow up and review Medical Records required by the business for shipping, billing and audit purposes. Document actions taken during the course of follow up on Medical Records requests. Log signed and returned medical records. Generating documentation, logging documentation and handling inbound phone calls are also important day-to-day responsibilities.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Contact (outbound phone calls) physician’s offices to check the status of outstanding medical records requests.
- Review received medical records to ensure that they meet criteria needed to fulfill request.
- Generate documents to send to physicians and patients, resending existing documentation, and logging documentation.
- Create documents required based on payer guidelines and submit them to the designated physician.
- Receive inbound call volume that can include patient questions, physician information updates, patient complaints, etc.
- Identify incorrect patient information and work with the physician and patient to bring the problem to a resolution.
- Handle questions coming from internal teams and sales, through phone and email, on order statuses
- Communicate any ongoing medical records issues related to a physician or referral to the applicable sales representative.
- Closely monitor and update the billing system – including the Patient, Doctor, Referral, Supporting Documentation and Billing Files.
- Communicate any issues encountered during the documentation retrieval process to the Team Lead and/or Department Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of medical documentation or medical records experience required.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.