Facility | White Haven, PA | Full Time
Seeking a qualified Clinical Dietitian to provide services to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in White Haven PA. The position offers a structured schedule which allows for a great work/life balance all while servicing your local government and making a difference in your community.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Candidate assigned to this position may be requested to be professionally qualified to participate in the coordination, inspection, and evaluation of the therapeutic diet program and maintain adherence to HIPPA standards.
- Duties include supporting and developing the goals and objectives of the Dietary Department or Food Services, and in particular, for the integration of the Dietary service goals with the goals and needs of other clinical and support service departments in the facility.
- Candidate will record and maintain dietary assessments and reassessments.
- Provide progress notes of Medical records according to the established standards.
- Maintains communication with nursing personnel related to residents on tube feedings, diabetics, weight gain and loss or any other nutritional related concerns and document in the resident medical record.
- Chart the nutritional progress of each resident every 90 days or as medically needed.
- Inform physician of any nutritional changes.
- Ability to plan and modify standard and therapeutic diet menus in accordance with physicians’ prescriptions and standards of nutrition, cost, variety, and quality.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower level dietetic staff performing work in the nutritional care for residents.
- Ability to provide special instructions to cooks and food service workers in the preparation of special diet food items.
- Knowledge of the modern methods, materials, practices, and procedures used in a facility therapeutic diet program.
- Knowledge of facility food service safety and sanitation standards.
- Knowledge of the clinical and food service tasks performed by food service staff.
- Knowledge of the procedures required in special diet tray assembling and distribution to ensure the accuracy in quality of the menu items.
- Ability to integrate the nutritional program into the overall dietetic program.
- Write nutritional care plans for implementation consistent with physician’s orders and dietetic need.
- Review care plans to ensure implementation.
- Plan and modify standard and therapeutic menus for conformance to physician’s orders/diet manual, standards of nutrition, variety, and quality.
- May be required to consult and work with a speech pathologist or other medical professionals.
- Attend and participate in interdisciplinary care plan meetings.
- Provide in-service training to dietary and allied healthcare personnel as needed in applicable areas of nutrition.
- Complete a nutritional discharge plan and resident instruction prior to discharge on all therapeutic diets.
- Performs related duties as required by each facility.
- Provide nutritional assessment, guidance, direction, and recommendation to institutional medical and food service.
- Completed minimum of a Baccalaureate degree granted by the U.S. regionally accredited college or university or foreign equivalent;
- Met current minimum academic requirements accredited by the Commission on Accreditation;
- For Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association (ADA);
- Successfully completed the Registration Examination for Dietitians, and compiled with the Professional Development Portfolio (PDP) recertification requirements.
- Clinical nutrition experience recommended.
- Must be currently licensed in the state of Pennsylvania.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.