Windows System Administrator
Systems Administrators | Remote OR San Antonio | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Administer a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Administering Windows servers in a VMware environment
- Install, support, test, and troubleshoot applications.
- Deploy and configure automation experience utilizing BMC TrueSight Automation.
- Harden and secure servers utilizing Center for Internet Security (CIS) Compliance Benchmarks.
- Administer backups and restores using NetBackup.
- Monitor systems utilizing Zabbix.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Can work and interact with others in a structured / team environment.
- Exhibit accuracy and attention to detail
- Have organizational skills.
- Are an independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Require limited supervision: Self-motivated, Self-starter, Time management skills.
- Are flexible and adaptable in handling competing work demands
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate on a technical level to a technical audience
- Have ability to work flexible hours and be on-call .
- Are able to do limited travel (0 - 4 times a year).
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Eight (8) years’ experience as a Windows System Administrator (Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 and/or 2019).
- VMware Virtualization Experience
- Deployment & Configuration Automation Experience (desired: BMC TrueSight Automation).
- Server Security Audit and Hardening Experience (desired: CIS Compliance Benchmark).
- Web Proxy Configuration (desired: ForcePoint).
- DB Administration Experience (desired: Microsoft SQL, MySQL, or Informix).
- Demonstrated effective project management experience.
- Log Management Experience (desired: SPLUNK).
- DB Administration Experience (desired: Microsoft SQL).
- Experience with administration of load balance devices (preferred F5 Big-IP).
- Backup and Restore Experience (desired: NetBackup) .
- System Monitoring Experience (desired: Zabbix).
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
Nice to Have:
BS in computer science, information technology, or equivalent discipline; or, HS diploma and at least 2 additional years’ experience or relevant certifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA).
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.