Software Engineering | Arnold, MO | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Develops codes deploys, and maintains web applications and websites
- Provides application development and technical support for customer websites.
- Collaborates with graphic artists to develop web page graphics that support interactive, marketing-focused content.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
- Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written, and then designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs.
- Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of website enhancements.
- Conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action.
- May prepare technical user guides.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Performs system design and development engineering to support the
engineering and acquistion of information systems.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
Develop and maintain a Python-based data warehouse processing system running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Analyze system performance and design improvements. Perform troubleshooting and perfective maintenance to improve performance and reliability. Work closely with ETL engineers, database administrators and business intelligence specialists to incorporate new features and scale the application. Utilize best practices for source control, testing, and deployment of software changes.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 8 years of professional experience
- Experience with JBOSS, Weblogic, Apache, Java, and/or Visual Studio
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.