Systems Analyst/Architect II
Security | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight has an exceptional track record of solving the most complex big data challenges and delivering actionable intelligence at the heart of the U.S. national security mission.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
As the Systems Analyst/Architect II, you will perform Linux Admin, data center management, hardware integration, networking and Application installation/config/setup duties in a prototype development and evaluation lab on customer site.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Able to Embrace Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of technologies, in a well-funded environment to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop cutting edge solutions.
What we are expecting from you:
- Experience administering and troubleshooting UNIX/LINUX and Windows production systems.
- Proven experience in RedHat Linux, CentOS, and/or SELinux System Administration.
- Infrastructure and network experience with Dell, Big Switch, Mellanox, Excelero, Brocade, Palo Alto, DGX-1, DGX-2, and Nutanix.
- Network integration experience – routing, switching, and firewall rules administration.
- Experience with DCIM, CM, and continuous integration-deployment (CI/CD) tools such as Puppet, Ansible and SALT.
- Networking experience – routing, switching, firewall rules administration.
- 2-3 years of VM and storage (nfs) experience.
- Excellent design and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with container platforms, preferably Docker.
- Must be able to support multiple software/system integration and testing efforts.
- Proven experience installing and configuring applications.
- Familiarity with Agency standards, STE/STN compliance and agency security systems.
- Proven ability to install and configure applications.
- Must be a self-starter, be able to work with a small team as well as independently and be able to learn new HW and SW technologies quickly.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Palo Alto firewalls and rule sets.
- Commercial Cloud Solutions (C2S) and AZURE.
- Familiarity with LDAP and how to integrate to it.
- Windows System administration and Activity Directory.
- Jira or similar ticket tracking system.
- Familiar with leveraging UPS in Lab environment.
- Vendor management and engagement skills.
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook and GPU technologies, such as nVIDIA Docker and GPU-compute apps.
- Bash, python or similar scripting skills.
- Apache tomcat.
- NiFi data flow management.
- Experience with Docker Containers, Kubernetes orchestration and Rancher.
- Experience with enhanced visualization and graphing tools.
- Experience with Elastic Search and Kibana.
- Nagios or similar monitoring tools.
- Experience installing/configuring database management tools (mongo, SQL, postGres, etc).
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.atg-us.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.