Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Poly
Infrastructure | Reston, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Primary responsibility is the maintenance of a large ElasticSearch/MongDB cluster running on Linux on multiple domains, along with the Java application and web services. One system is running in the Cloud - the other is running on physical hardware but is in process of migrating to the Cloud. The system indexes millions of documents with hundreds more coming in every day. The application and web services support mission critical interfaces.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- High School diploma/GED with 12 years of experience, or Associates degree with 10 years of experience, or Bachelors degree with 8 years of experience, or Masters degree with 6 years of experience, or PhD with 4 years of experience.
- Strong skillsets administering Linux, ElasticSearch (cluster), MongoDB (cluster), working in a Cloud (AWS) infrastructure, and monitoring and resolving application or component issues.
- Will also require the ability to stand up a new environment in AWS and migrate the production system to it.
- Must maintain Dev, Test, and Production environments.
- Will also serve as a backup Sysadmin to other Linux systems.
- Security+CE or higher certification (such as CASP or CISSP) required
- AWS skills required.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills required.
- Must understand how to harden/STIG all components of a system.
- Must know how to request and install PKI certificates.
- TS/SCI w/ Poly
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.