Internal Application: Sr. Technical Writer
Technical Writer | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Technical Writer, you will gather, analyze, translate, and compose technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by both technical and non-technical personnel. Documents include, but are not limited to, Confluence page updates, user documentation, training materials, installation guides, help text, presentations, and reports. The Technical Writer will also act as a product advocate to various user groups.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Five (5) years' experience w/ a Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with showing ideas graphically
- Comfortable interfacing with subject matter experts and managers, and delivering finished presentations as needed
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.