Software Quality Assurance Specialist/Application Tester
Test Engineers | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, support, and tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
The Contractor shall develop, perform and support manual and automated integration and regression testing.
The Contractor shall develop, perform and support post-deployment validation of components.
The Contractor shall develop and maintain test plans and scripts to identify software problems and causes.
The Contractor shall provide analysis and recommendations for automation of test suites.
The Contractor shall develop automated scripts to decrease the time needed to perform testing.
The Contractor shall develop automated scripts to decrease the likelihood of bugs or unplanned outages.
The Contractor shall work with applications in a cloud environment.
The Contractor shall work side by side with project teams on a daily basis to consult with the development and operations teams to test applications.
The Contractor shall work in a team environment with contractors from multiple companies.
The Contractor shall participate in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development cycle.
The Contractor shall participate as a member of the agile development team.
The Contractor shall write test cases and scenarios.
The Contractor shall develop and execute test plans, procedures and scenarios for regression, process, functional, system integration, and Agile (deliverable) acceptance testing to ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and perform satisfactorily in the system environments.
The Contractor shall document the successes and failures of all executed test procedures.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Demonstrated experience with the development of test cases as part of an agile team.
- Demonstrated experience using a test automation framework.
- Demonstrated experience using test automation tools such as SmartBear, IBM Rational functional tester, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience with use of an IDE such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, or Visual Studio for development and execution of test scripts.
- Demonstrated experience with managing testing for multiple applications during the concurrent development cycles.
- Demonstrated experience with Regression, Integration, API, or Functional testing.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing test plans and cases.
- Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee-centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.