Software Engineering | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a relevant field OR an additional three (3) years of related experience can be substituted for a degree.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ general software development experience.
- Within the last fifteen (15) years, a minimum of seven (7) years combined experience with a minimum of two (2) programming languages.
- Minimum of five (5) years combined experience working within a minimum of two (2) operating systems.
- Within the last three (3) years, demonstrated in-depth knowledge of a VISTA-related domain.
- Demonstrated experience leading a software development team and ensuring that all work is completed within the constraints of the software development process being used on the project.
- Experience developing in Python, and Angular Framework.
- Experience developing Typescript, npm packages, git, and Observables (rxjs) or Promises.
- Experience developing Rest APIs, async/await functions, and NestJS, or Python Servers side frameworks.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Angular Material and AG-Grid
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Postgres
- Rancher or Kubernetes
- Managing Corpora Datasets
- Automated Web UI testing frameworks
- Writing unit tests in Angular Framework (to include coverage reports)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.