Software Engineering | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
The Contractor shall comply with the Sponsor’s Lean Agile methodology.
The Contractor shall participate in all Lean Agile scrums, sprints and grooming sessions.
The Contractor shall manage the progress of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) product integration and development efforts.
The Contractor shall ensure that Contractor tasks are completed within the deadlines and on budget.
The Contractor shall consult and coordinate appropriately for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, and task clarification.
The Contractor shall will work in partnership with an integrated team of staff and contractors.
The Contractor shall understand the Sponsor’s target environment, such as AWS or Azure.
The Contractor shall coordinate and collaborate with security, operations, testing and other teams to provide system information and technical support.
The Contractor shall create, manage and update Jira tickets.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Demonstrated experience developing detailed design and associated deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience translating customer and system requirements into design.
- Demonstrated experience designing system interfaces.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing Single Page Applications using HTML5, CSS3, and Angular 2+.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing RESTful web services using Java 8+ or other technologies such as Spring Framework 4+, or Spring Security 4+.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with non-relational database systems such as DynamoDB.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with and troubleshooting of Internet and Web related protocols and technologies such as Tomcat, Nodejs, Web Services, or SSL.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing JUnit and Jasmine tests.
- Demonstrated experience with testing platforms such as Jest or Karma.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, or Nexus.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Demonstrated experience estimating the level of effort for software development schedules and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and participating in program meetings or reviews.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and supporting systems that utilize WebSockets.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing user interfaces using Angular Material.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Angular state management technologies such as NGXS or NGRX.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, Lean-Agile environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience doing rapid prototyping and application development with significant user interaction.
- Demonstrated experience developing using AngularJS, Bootstrap, or JQuery.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, or Python.
- Demonstrated experience automating routine operations through scripts or toolsets.
- Demonstrated experience with Sponsor IT systems, missions, and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with senior customers, senior management, and implementation partners.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintain JIRA tickets.
- Demonstrated experience with AWS.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining constructive relationships among customers, stakeholders, technical teams, and contractors.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.