Senior Network Engineer
Networking | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Designs solutions, integrates, configures, deploys, tests and provides support for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies
- Optimizes end-to-end system performance and dataflow management
- Configures/optimizes network to connect to various front- and back-end components
- Coordinates with system engineering and dataflow efforts to ensure proper mission operations with minimum down time
- Facilitates implementation of high-speed, scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies as applicable to WAN/LAN design
- Implements specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPNs, firewall contexts, and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate
- Minimizes network latency and maximizes data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools
- Manages assigned tasks and provides guidance to junior Network Engineers
- Validates new/existing dataflow and data formats
- Coordinates with appropriate dataflow organizations and end-customer recipients, follow-on data repositories and tasking organizations and understands potential adverse impacts on system-wide dataflow
- Designs, integrates, tests and deploys RF communications solutions
- Leads large efforts of dynamic requirements and scale
- Works with Systems Engineers and cross-organizational teams to define requirements
- Resolves complex network problems, operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment and network simulators
- Designs, implements, and evaluates security systems
- Contributes to security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Supports the Government in providing technical leadership to engineering teams
- Recommends corporate solutions to resolve security requirements
- Supports the Government in enforcement of design / implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- **Active TS/SCI with Polygraph**
Twelve (12) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required
Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
Five (5) years experience with the following Network Tools; What’s Up Gold and NetFlow
Three years’ experience with DCID 6/3 and/or ICD 503, “Intelligence Community Information Technology Systems Security Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation”, dated 15 September 2008
Three (3) years’ experience creating firewall rule sets from analysis of network traffic
Three (3) years’ experience with component validation of security devices
Three (3) years’ experience integrating boundary solutions into customer networks
Three (3) years’ experience configuring switches, routers, and firewalls
Domain Area Requirements:
- Five (5) years’ demonstrated experience in Computer Network Operations, Protection Level (PL) 3 high/high solutions utilizing Layer 2 to Layer 7
- Five (5) years experience with the following Network Tools; WhatsUpGold and NetFlow
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.