Senior IT Consultant
Infrastructure | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
Responsible for integrating multiple IT projects into a coherent overall Program Plan. Ensure that quality assurance and total quality management practices are implemented with regard to the overall contract. Responsible for the financial accountability of the program/contract. Must possess significant related management experience over multiple projects and at least twelve years of relevant industry experience. Senior executive focal point for all projects within the program.
Responsible for all contractual, staffing, financial, performance and delivery issues.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor’s Degree and twelve years of experience leading teams or projects.
- Highest level technical or business area expert in one or more disciplines called upon to address a particular task or environment need.
- As a technical expert, provides advice and assistance in state-of-the-art software/hardware solutions involving hardware of various capacities, multiple operating environments, database management systems specialized software, data communications facilities and protocols including Value Added Networks, fourth generation technologies, and complex software tools or packages.
- As a business expert, works with senior client officials to identify enterprise improvement goals, assess organizational and process effectiveness, and implement change strategies. Designs technical and business solutions, mentors and trains client staff, and oversees implementation. Has a high level of diverse technical and industry experience related to studying and analyzing system’s needs, systems development, and systems process analysis, design and re-engineering.
- Has skills and experience related to business management, systems engineering, operations research, and management engineering.
- Typically has specialization in a particular technology or business application. Keeps abreast of technological developments and industry trends.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.