Senior Application Engineer - ADS Support
Application Engineer | Jessup, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Senior Application Engineer, you will support the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of an authoritative data source (ADS) of network devices. You will also support the design, development, and management of ReST APIs, develop UIs and databases; implement best practices with regard to middleware technologies, and deploy advanced analytics and machine learning based solutions to predict data anomalies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
Experience with complex data structures (JSON, XML)
Experience writing secure and scalable ReST APIs
Development experience in languages such as Python, Java, R, Scala
Proficient in Agile methodology; Jenkins or Gitlab CI/CD; GIT; Jira
8 years experience and a Bachelors degree in Information Systems or other related field. In lieu of a Bachelors degree, 4 additional years experience is required.
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
Database technologies such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL
AWS Managed Services
Data science libraries
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.