Security | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
The Junior Security Engineer will be involved in designing, implementing and maintaining an Enterprise Solution using the IBM EndPoint Manager Core, Console and Web Servers as well as the DSS Software Asset Module. The Engineer will document and articulate the environment through detailed design documents and implementation plans. Individual will be part of a team supporting over 140,000 endpoints across multiple security levels.
- Customize the BigFix product for vulnerability assessment and remediation.
- Automate many of the internal manual processes on the BigFix platform.
- Communicate effectively including but not limited to being comfortable in presenting solutions and recommendations to senior management.
- Document and articulate the environment through detailed design documents and implementation plans.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
- Understanding of Bigfix including its architecture, deployment, troubleshooting, and operations.
- Strong ability in analyzing problems, and providing plausible, cost effective, and appropriate solutions.
- Experience with (Patching tools): Altiris, LANDesk, SCCM, WSUS, Tivoli
- Experience with (Vulnerability Assessment): Foundstone, Nessus, Gold Disk
- Experience with Package Deployments: Desktop (Windows 7, 10, Server 2016, 2019), Software distribution
- Understanding of vulnerability assessment and remediation.
Years of Experience: 1-3
Degree Desired: Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, preferred
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret Required, TS/SCI Preferred
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.