Power BI Consultant
Infrastructure | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Build Data Analytics enterprise models using the Microsoft’s Power BI
- Develop tabular, multidimensional models compatible to warehouse standards
- Develop self-service models, data analytics using Power BI service
- Maintain experience of an support to Microsoft Azure platform and service (Power BI, Flow, Cortana etc.)
- Maintain experience working with data gateway, data integration, self-service data preparation
- Develop, publish, schedule reports and dashboards to meet business requirements
- Assist business users on functional and data requirements to enhance data models
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions.
- Translates customer requirements into hardware/software specifications
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 10+ years’ experience
- Public Trust (minimum)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in requirement analysis, design and prototyping
- Strong understanding of Data Analytics application security layer models
- Experience with ESRI or similar geographical mapping systems and tools is desired
- Experience working with Government personnel at the CTO or SES level.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.