Network Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Networking | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
As the Network Engineer, you will support our nation’s intelligence and DoD community. You will have the opportunity to work with the nation’s largest data sets and assist in solving our nation’s most complex data challenges. You will complete a variety of interesting tasks focused on network engineering and collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle complex problems.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Able to Embrace Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of programming languages and technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop cutting edge solutions.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you:
- Experience with Cisco network equipment (e.g., Catalyst switches, ASR routers, and ASA firewalls)
- Experience with or a willingness to learn F5 Load Balancers including Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Global Traffic Manager (GTM), and Access Policy Manager (APM)
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as MRTG and HP Network Automation (HPNA)
- Experience with BIND DNS configuration and Infoblox DNS appliances
- Experience with Forcepoint firewalls
- Experience with or a willingness to learn Amazon Web Services networking (EC2 and VPC configurations)
- Scripting experience (e.g., Perl or Python)
- DoD 8570 Compliance with IAT level 1 is required, or must be obtained within 6 months of employment
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.atg-us.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.