Network Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Networking | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Network Engineer, you will support our nation’s intelligence and DoD community. You will have the opportunity to work with the nation’s largest data sets and assist in solving our nation’s most complex data challenges. You will complete a variety of interesting tasks focused on network engineering and collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle complex problems.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Able to Embrace Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of programming languages and technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop cutting edge solutions.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with any combination of the following technologies: Cisco Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco Wireless Technologies, Networking monitoring solutions and/or Cloud Service Providers like AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience with Cisco network equipment (e.g., Catalyst switches, ASR routers, and ASA firewalls, etc.)
- Experience with OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP routing protocols.
- Experience with Layer 2 switching technologies.
- Experience with documentation tools (Visio, Excel, Word).
- Experience with network monitoring tools.
- Willingness to learn Amazon Web Services networking (EC2 and VPC configurations).
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- DoD 8570 IAT level 2 certification.
- Minimum CCNA Certification.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Cisco ASI experience.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy.