Network Engineer - TS/SCI
Networking | Springfield, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Tier III operations and maintenance (O&M) engineers to support the customer’s various WAN and LAN networks, in providing network upgrades and config support to the architecture team; act as subject matter expert in WAN and LAN technologies and vendors; support customer’s intra- and inter- net and other data communications systems or segments of networked system; and by Providing tiered support for the network operations centers (NOC).
- May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures
- Participate in evaluation of new network technologies and makes recommendations to network architecture team regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network. Ensures that plans for hardware and communications are adequate. Develops and implements methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of LAN and WAN networks
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components
- Support operations and maintain activities and administer networks including hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Monitor the performance of systems and networks
- Support routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records
- Configure, and test hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network
- Perform a full range of upgrades in accordance with existing network architecture
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements
- Perform long term O&M activities to include tier 3 troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network while maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels
- Provide fault management for the network and supports performance management functions
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 1 years, Bachelors and 3 years, Associates and 5 years or HS and 7 years. Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification requirement.Must be compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level 3
- TS/SCI Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.