Networking | Englewood, CO | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
The candidate will install, configure, upgrade, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair hardware and software (OS, applications, and firmware) on a modern IP based conventional and trunked radio systems. The candidate will manage and administer radio system servers and clients and user accounts, profiles and access. The candidate will monitor user access and adherence to established policies and procedures to ensure a secure operating environment. The candidate will monitor system performance, and detect and resolve problems. The candidate shall have a broad range of systems and network knowledge and be willing to learn.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 5+ years of experience with standard operating systems, hardware and software suites (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Server, Office, SQL, Linux)
- 5+ years of experience with telecommunications, including local and wide area networking and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Experience in the design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of VMware-based solutions in high availability environments - must have skills and hands-on experience at least 5+ years
- 5+ years of experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting high availability routed and switched networks
- Experience installing, configuring, operating, and troubleshooting firewalls - must have skills and hands-on experience at least 5+ years
Knowledge of IT security policies.
CCNA, Microsoft, VMWare and/or Motorola certifications preferred
U.S. citizenship is required. Ability to achieve and maintain TS Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.