Software Engineering | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Responsibilities in software engineering activities. Knowledgeable of applicable standards.
Functional Responsibilities: Leads the application of a systematic, disciplined, quantified engineering approach to the development, operation and maintenance of software. Analyzes and studies complex system requirements. Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation. Manages software development and support using formal
specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and, when appropriate, Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Estimates software development costs and schedule. Reviews existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques. Supervises software configuration management.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Ten years’ experience, managing or performing software engineering activities, of which at least eight years must be specialized
- Ability to build, maintain and troubleshoot relational databases using Microsoft SQL server 2008/12/16 and in writing SQL scripts and advanced stored procedure programming required
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016 platforms, Internet Information Server 5.0/6.0 configuration and the server-grade system hardware
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain and customize J2EE based applications
- Good understanding and experience of Application Server development, middleware integration, and COTS product integration
Expert knowledge of Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful APIs using OAuth.
- Good understanding and experience using third party tools (Postman, Fiddler, Chrome Dev Tools, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science/systems, information systems/technology, engineering/engineering technology, software engineering/programming, management, natural sciences, social sciences, mathematics, or business/finance.
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.