Mid-Level Help Desk Specialist
Other | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provide Tier I support for requests for service through email, phone, or in-person interaction with USCP customers.
- Document all requests for service using the existing Help Desk ticketing system (Symantec Service Desk).
- Communicate information in an effective manner with clear understanding so customer issues are successfully resolved.
- Provide OIS Operations management with regular updates via email on common problems encountered and identify possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems.
- Triage and escalate IT issues to Tier II, Tier III and OIS management appropriately.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Initial point of contact for OIS requests for service overseeing emails, calls and in-person requests at the OIS Help Desk.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 1 to 3 years of experience in program of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Must have experience working in, and knowledge of customer service and customer support principles and methods.
- Must be able to present formal and informal training and assistance to customers.
- Must be able to report, respond to, and resolve customer requests.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Microsoft Office (MS Office 2016) and general Exchange/Outlook support.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting basic computer (desktop, laptop, tablet) issues and triaging as needed to resolve requests for service in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment providing continuous support to users and critical operations monitoring and escalation.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to customers, peers, technical staff and Government.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.