Linux Systems Administrator
Infrastructure | Remote OR San Antonio | Full Time
LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Modification, administration and hardening of Windows Server 2008 / 2012 and Red Hat Linux environment in a VMware virtualized environment.
- Integration of Linux based applications with Windows Authentication and Authorization
- Work closely with customers to understand their requirements and configure system appropriately
- Assist customers with development of data views and reports.
- Troubleshoot application issues that arise during deployments and continue to tune environment for performance enhancements and security requirements.
- Help customers establish processes to manage and maintain systems post-deployment.
- Perform vulnerability analysis and remediation using native Microsoft and 3rd party tools.
- Provide input to the development team on product enhancements to further streamline future deployments.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 8+ years of total IT experience with at least 5+ years of Linux Redhat expertise/System Administration
- Container technology experience (OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Application installation, support, testing, and troubleshooting skills
- Virtualization Experience (desired: VMware)
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 System Administration Experience
- Deployment & Configuration Automation Experience (desired: Cobbler, Blade Logic, and Puppet)
- DB Administration Experience (desired: Microsoft SQL, MySQL, or Informix)
- Experience with administration of load balance devices (preferred F5 Big-IP)
- Backup and Restore Experience (desired: NetBackup)
- System Monitoring Experience (desired: Zabbix)
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from Anthem BCBS which include PPO plans and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes vacation and floating holidays.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.