Information Systems Security Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Infrastructure/Security | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Design, develop, implement and/or integrate secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environment.
- Interact with the customer and other project team members.
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
- Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management.
- Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data.
- Architect capabilities to account for security, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Streamline manual processes by introducing automation efforts.
- Ensure that all security solutions are implemented in the best way to protect our clients.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Automation-focused: You are always looking for ways to automate manual processes or introduce orchestration into daily operational tasks.
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including, but not limited to, programming/scripting languages, the latest security tools, cloud technologies, Linux, Windows and others.
- Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand a customer or team members overarching goal while designing security solutions that address those goals.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop solutions for use by a multitude of customers.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Seven years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2.
- Four years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- AWS and/or Azure.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.