Information Systems Security Engineer
Infrastructure/Security | Arlington , Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
We are seeking a qualified engineer to assist with integrating security requirements and configurations into COTS and GOTS applications for our customer. The role of the engineer is not to be a SOC engineer or ISSO, but to work side-by-side with the hardware and software developers to ensure products fielded to our customers enterprise meet security requirements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Hardening operating systems and applications
Monitoring the success of patching
Heightening Information security awareness of our engineering team
Ensure data provided is protected, accurate, and available when needed
Ensure effective access to information by authorized personnel
Identify of potential security vulnerabilities before they can cause a security-related
incident and during application development
Assist with Incident Management
a) Information security requirements are identified and established
b) Information security risks are identified and assessed
c) Assessment criteria for Information Security risks are identified
d) Information security risks measures are defined and applied
e) Information security concerns are communicated to stakeholders and intereseted parties
f) The impact of changes on Information Security are evaluated and reported
g) Assist with the System Assessment and Accredidation (SA&A) development to attain an Authority To Operate (ATO)
h) Assist with Plan Of Actions & Milestone development and mitigation
i) Work with engineers and software developers to integrate security into products and updates.
j) Work with engineers and software developers to apply security patches and updates.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Experience Planning and managing support for Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) tools and processes
Experience coordinating interfaces between SACM and other processes
Experience Defining the structure of the configuration management system, including CI types, naming conventions, required and optional attributes and relationships
Experience Performing configuration audits
Experience planning and coordinating all resources needed to build, test and deploy each release
Experience planning and managing support for release and deployment management tools and processes
Experience ensuring that change authorization is provided before any activity that requires this, for example before a release is checked in to the definitive media library (DML) and before it is deployed to a live environment
Experience coordinating interfaces between release and deployment management and other processes, especially change management, SACM, and service validation and testing
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- DOJ CSAM experience
Experience understanding Nessus reports and how to address the findings
Experience with Bigfix as a user, understanding reports, understanding the deployment tools
Experience understanding the DOJ SPDR and mitigating issues identified
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.