Information Systems Security Consultant
Information Security | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
The Information Security Consultant works within AMO performing Security Authorization (SA) oversight duties for aviation mission systems and other systems integration projects. This individual ensures that information security is addressed throughout the life cycle of each program or project, performing SA and IT security duties in a law enforcement sensitive environment. The Information Security Consultant verifies that security requirements and controls are functional in IT systems and facilities, as well as supplementing Information Technology Security consultation and Life Cycle planning support to government program managers.
You will excel in this role if you have experience with the following:
• Serving as Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for one or more AMO IT system(s)
• Implementing FISMA, NIST, DISA, DHS policies and FIPS (as appropriate) requirements for Security Authorization (SA) activities.
• Responsible for security reviews of Cost Estimates, SOWs and project security requirements.
• Assisting with risk identification, assessment and response on project security matters.
• Developing Privacy documentation (PTA/PIA), security classification guidance and personnel security procedures.
• Developing and reviewing IT Contingency and Systems Security Plans (SSP).
• Creating security procedures and system access requirements for vendors and support staff.
• Assisting with Personnel Security policies/procedures for contractors
• Developing and preparing organized SA documentation for Certifying Agent’s review.
• Assisting agencies in understanding the “information protection” needs that support the mission or business. Allocates information protection needs to systems.
• Developing system security context, a preliminary system security CONOPS, and baseline security requirements.
• Working with the systems engineer in the areas of functional analysis and allocation by analyzing candidate architectures, allocating security services, and selecting security mechanisms.
• Identifying components or elements, allocates security functions to those elements, and describes the relationships between the elements.
• Analyzing design constraints, analyzes trade-offs, does detailed system and security design, and considers life-cycle support.
• Tracing all of the system security requirements to the elements until all are addressed. Participates in a multidisciplinary examination of all system issues and provides inputs to SA process activities, such as verification that the system, as implemented, protects against the threats identified in the original threat assessment; tracking of information protection assurance mechanisms related to system implementation and testing practices; and providing inputs to system life-cycle support plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience, described below.
• Successfully-adjudicated CBP Background Investigation required to begin work.
• National Security Secret clearance required to continue work
• Certification in IT security, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CompTIA Security+
• Must have demonstrated a solid understanding of the Federal Government SA process in employee’s work history, with a minimum of four years of experience in SA/Information System Security Engineering, including at least three years recent experience with Defense in Depth principles and technology to include Access control Authorization Identification and authentication Public Key Infrastructure Network and enterprise security architecture
• Demonstrated experience applying security risk assessment methodology to system development to include: Threat model development Vulnerability assessments Security risk analysis
• Understanding of the FISMA SA process
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
• Cisco certifications desired, such as Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• Knowledge of Cloud computing and Ongoing Authorization desirable.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.