Internal Application: Information System Security Officer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Security | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Applied Insight, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Help to maintain security accreditations and compliance for complex cloud-based environments.
You will be given the unique opportunity of leading the certification and accreditation process for a fully cloud-based software development environment. This position allows you the opportunity to begin security planning, consulting, and implementation activities at the ground level in order to build a fully accredited environment within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
A day in the life:
- Lead and participate in the certification and accreditation process for cloud environments.
- Prepare, review, and evaluate compliance documentation.
- Identify alternative and flexible documentation procedures to aid in security compliance efforts.
- Communicate with government clients and Applied Insight staff to coordinate secure implementation methodologies and practices.
- Perform reviews of security control statuses and work with technical staff to work through POA&Ms.
- Author security documentation for SSP packages and work with designated approvers to move C&A process forward.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A “technology translator”: You will be bridging the gap between both technical and non-technical audiences and must be able to speak to each in a language they understand.
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help to design and plan out a game-changing development environment from the ground up.
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple types of environments from a security compliance perspective.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for government customers.
- An effective communicator: You are able to successfully communicate in both verbal and written formats to client stakeholders, project leadership, and technical staff regarding the current security posture of the environment and necessary security deliverables.
What we are expecting from you (I.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 7 years experience with SSP package documentation and materials both as the author and reviewer.
- Experience acquiring IATT, IATO, and ATO accreditations within IC and/or DoD environments.
- Able to identify roadblocks and potential pitfalls with regards to the security compliance and accreditation process.
- Knowledge of security controls listed within DoD 8510 (DIACAP and RMF), DoD 6510 and 8500 series instructions, and NIST 800 series guidance
- Experience with IAVMs, DISA STIGs, POA&Ms, and related IC/DoD policies and regulations.
- Experience conducting research and providing technical review recommendations based on known vulnerabilities.
- Must have a CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
- Active Federal Clearance with Polygraph
Nice to have:
AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory. At a minimum, you should have an understanding/ knowledge of AWS architectures, capabilities, and services
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.