Information Security Specialist (C&A) - Secret
Security | Scott Air Force Base, IL | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Manage, create and process certification and accreditation packages working with program managers, system engineers and developers to obtain accreditation for DOD information systems.
- Systems supported are primarily research, development, test, and evaluation systems.
- Communicate complex concepts to mid and senior level management and technical personnel equally.
- Develop and maintain cyber security certification and accreditation documentation and maintain accreditation packages and certifications via eMASS and process C&A requests to retain DIACAP accreditations and obtain new Risk Management Framework (RMF) certifications and accreditations.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Working knowledge of: virtual machines, Windows and C&A processes including: RMF and IT Lean/SISS.
- Experience with various flavors of UNIX including: AIX, Solaris, TRU64, HP-UX and Linux.
- Experience with networking architecture, devices, technologies and protocols as well as practical experience in firewalls.
- Experience with Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and wireless technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), Apache and Netscape, as well as other COTS server products.
- Database knowledge including: Oracle, SQL, MongoDB or Sybase, as well as other COTS database products.
- Experience with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Scanner and ACAS/Nessus Security Scanner.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Active Security+ certification.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Relocation Assistance: Will be reimbursed up to $2,000 for qualified relocation expenses. An expense report must be submitted with receipts, and all eligible costs will be paid out after the first 90 days of employment.
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.