Human Resource Business Partner
Corporate | Reston, VA/Hanover, MD/Remote | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) implements Human Resources policies as a generalist, partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives and resolves HR issues. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in benefits administration, to assist with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) plans.
You will excel in this role if you :
- Assists in the administration of the company insurance plans, serving as a point of contact with various benefit providers (Aetna, MetLife, VSP, etc.). Reviews/pays/reconciles vendor invoices and reports on fees and costs. Supports the Vice President, Staff Services, open enrollment, merging acquired companies benefit plans, and overall insurance plan initiatives.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Assists with leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Advises managers on employee relations counseling, employee complaints and investigations, and involuntary terminations. Ensures compliance with federal and state employment laws, and federal contracting regulations.
- Assists with administration of the company’s professional development/training program.
- Assists with the planning and execution of new hire onboarding, orientation, etc.
- Collaborates with the Director to develop policies, programs, and solutions.
- Analyzes data trends and metrics to inform business decisions.
- Stays abreast of employment law changes pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees and company programs; collaborate with the legal department when necessary; assist with completion of annual federal contractor regulatory compliance plans and audits (EEO, AAP, VETS, etc.).
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- ***This position will require time in our Hanover, MD office, Reston, VA office, as well as remote***
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience as a Human Resources Generalist in federal government contracting. Experience in the technology industry a plus
- Excellent knowledge of HR practices and principles, and all applicable employment, pay, benefits, health, and safety laws and regulations in the US
- Strong experience with administering and maintaining benefit/insurance plans, performance management and compensation programs
- Strong experience in using HRIS platforms such as ADP, vendor portals (ex. Aetna, COBRA, etc.), and electronic timekeeping applications (Deltek, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- U.S. Citizenship required
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience: 7-10 years
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.