Internal Application: GPS Systems Administrator
Other | Springfield, VA | Full Time
GPS Systems Administrator
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provide O&M support of GPS interoperability solutions, such as user management, Org, Workspace, Sites, and group management, application upgrades, etc…
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs, software, communications devices
- Perform user account management and troubleshooting
- Performs other tasks as needed, such as ensuring STIG compliancy, imaging of internal systems, troubleshooting hardware failures, etc…
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results
- Must have knowledge and skill of GPS and Video Surveillance
- Must be able to troubleshoots and resolves complex problems related to GPS and Video Surveillance
- Must have knowledge and skill of Video Surveillance Software such as VideoInsight, Axis, and or Genetec
- Must have knowledge and skill of Video Streaming Services or Video Streaming Engines that are hosted On-Premise and on Cloud
- Must have experience configuring and setting up GPS tracking devices and mobile apps on vehicles, smart devices, and wearables
- Must have knowledge of GIS and GPS map data and links
- Enter data in the GIS and maintain GIS databases
- Must have familiarization with Maps Data and Layers
- Should have a broad range of IT Systems (IT Infrastructure & Networking)
- Must have high-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows, SQL and IIS
- Server as a training instructor and must be able to develop training material for the end users
You will excel in this role if you:
Candidate must have knowledge and skill of GPS and Video Surveillance, ability to operate GPS and video surveillance software and equipment. Must be able to install, configure, upgrade, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair GPS software (OS and applications software and firmware). Must have a thorough understanding of the equipment working with, deleting or archiving old footage as needed, organizing old footage in an orderly fashion, smart surveillance of moving vehicles, mobile surveillance. Must have knowledge of GIS and GPS map data and links, enter data in the GIS and maintain GIS databases. Must be able to manage and administer GPS system servers and clients, and user accounts, profiles and access. Monitor user access and adherence to established policies and procedures to ensure a secure operating environment. Monitor system performance, and detect and resolve problems. Provide end user support of GIS system and end user account management. Must have the ability to learn the agency’s current GIP/GPS platform(s) and serve as a training instructor of GIS/GPS system users.
Candidate shall have a broad range of systems and network knowledge as well and willing to learn.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- GPS, GIS, Map Data
- Video Surveillance Software, VideoInsight, Genetec, Axis, Teradek, Video Streaming Services or Video Streaming Engines or Cloud Such as Azue Streaming Service and or Wowza
- Experience creating and providing user guidance, documentation, and consultation
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- MS Windows 10, Server 2016 2019
- MS SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017
- IIS 10
- A minimum of 5 years experience supporting GPS Tracking System and Data
Years of Experience: 5+ years
Education Required: High School, Bachelor’s preferred
Certifications Required: n/a
Clearance: U.S. citizenship is required. Ability to achieve and maintain TS Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.