Federal Security Field Engineer
Security | Herndon, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight are specialists in advancing the U.S. Intelligence Community mission in the cloud, with industry-leading expertise in cloud-native application development, cloud migration, smart lift and shift, and commercial product integration.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A Day in the Life
As a Security Field Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with various Federal teams as a security and compliance subject matter expert. You will help prospective customers and partners understand Databricks security, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, improve the security collateral (e.g. white papers, security notebooks, technical documentation), complete customer questionnaires, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
In particular, you will focus on understanding and sharing the following information with customers:
- Security in each of the architecture layers for all business units
- Data isolation risks and mitigation plans
- CWE/SANS and OWASP Security threats
- Infrastructure and cloud-related security risks and solutions
- Identity and access management (I.e., new hires, transfers and terminations, entitlement reviews, and change control).
- Security assurance (I.e., continuous control effectiveness testing).
- Responding to client due diligence requests for information.
- Providing client and staff information security advice, consultative services and training
- Federal security controls (e.g FedRAMP, C2S, FISMA, FIPS)
You will excel in this role if:
- Be the subject matter security expert supporting all customer-facing security requirements.
- Onsite visits
- Be a security resource
- Deploy the Databricks PVC platform
- Collaborate with engineering teams in architecture design and review sessions
- Collaborate with product managers on the design on customer-facing security features
- Be a resource for the Federal sales team
- Provide product security training for the sales team
What we are expecting from you (qualifications you must have) :
- Strong presentation skills. Able to clearly articulate security principles.
- Technical sales experience or professional consulting experience.
- Experience with public cloud security (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Security domain experience with SaaS, application security, and networks
- Understanding of identity management systems.
- FedRAMP Controls (NIST 800-53)
- Top Secret clearance with polygraph required.
- Proven experience with securing SaaS enterprise security environments (single tenant and multi-tenant)
- Public cloud expertise (AWS and Azure)
- Proven knowledge of common infrastructure security flaws, risks and possible remediations
- In-depth knowledge of common security threats, such as attack techniques, evasive techniques, and preventative & defensive methods
- Knowledge of risk frameworks such as OWASP, CWE, and CVSS
- High-level understanding of compliance frameworks (NIST, PCI, HIPAA)
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate security risks to individuals with varying degrees of technical ability
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.digitalageexperts.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.