Distributed Systems Developer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Software Engineering | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Your Mission: Provide cloud engineering for a cutting edge telecommunications research industry.
We are seeking smart, creative engineers to provide software development & integration services for a cutting edge telecommunications research laboratory. You will participate in highly visible research projects with direct mission impact. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on many different tasks, which could include integration, automation, and possibly prototype development.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Develop and maintain software infrastructure for a distributed, on-premise system.
- Integrate analytics and new technologies/software into said system.
- Debug and provide support for the operation of analytics and the overall system.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of programming languages and technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 12 or more years of software development experience, ideally with Python.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar technical discipline. 4 years of experience can substitute for a B.S. degree.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Elasticsearch and Docker.
- Experience with Go, RabbitMQ, Fluentd.
- Android / reverse engineering experience.
- Java programming experience.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.