DevOps Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Infrastructure | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- The contractor shall manage CI/CD system with regular maintenance, troubleshooting, and support services.
- The contractor shall facilitate implementation of customer’s DevOps approach and support individual team adoption of the customer DevOps approach.
- The contractor shall maintain DevOps solutions and continually evaluate the DevOps approach with current industry standards, with a focus on automation, security, and performance.
- The contractor shall define the DevOps process changes, governance, and standards.
- The contractor shall document the DevOps process changes, governance, and standards.
- The contractor shall assist Sponsor to identify, evaluate and adopt technologies to improve business applications and support operations.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies.
- Driven and have a desire to grow your career and take your infrastructure skills to the next level.
- Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase productivity.
- An instinct for troubleshooting and the inability to give up (at least until the problem is solved).
- The ability to communicate with just about anyone in a language they understand. (This is a user-facing role and you will be working with a highly technical team.)
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Demonstrated experience with Agile Methodology
- Demonstrated experience in systems administration (Linux)
- Demonstrated experience with database management
- Demonstrated experience using SQL
- Demonstrated experience monitoring applications such as Nagios
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.