DevOps Engineer (Containers) - TS/SCI with Polygraph
DevOps | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Support the design, implementation, support, and scale of an enterprise deployment/container orchestration framework.
- Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage container technologies, particularly Docker and Kubernetes daily as you help build and stand up an enterprise-level deployment orchestration framework for a high visibility customer.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including scripting, development/test/QA tools, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 3 years of experience performing software development, software engineering, or software automation.
- Linux experience, including Terminal experience, git, CentOS, Yum, Bash scripting, Ansible/Terraform.
- Experience with agile software development in at least two of the following: Java, C/C++, Python, Go.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with additional agile software development programming languages.
- Experience with Helm for Kubernetes package management.
- Background in Service Mesh technologies such as Istio.
- Experience with Serverless technologies such as Lambda and Knative.
- Experience with AWS
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.