Infrastructure | Springfield, VA | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Coordinate with Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) engineers to ingest data ensuring consistency and integration with data warehouse structure
- Implement business operations requirements for data and data usage, analyze new data sources, and recommend solutions and improvements
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide new functionality, including performing proactive maintenance to ensure high availability
- Participate on an Agile development team, using Scrum techniques, as the database technical expert
- Monitor database performance, document changes and implement fixes to incidents and problems
- Develop artifacts to support data dictionaries, database structure documentation and architecture views
- Collaborate with peers and provide professional guidance to less experienced Analysts
- May serve as technical team or task leader
- Present technical processes and topics to internal engineering teams as necessary to propagate best practices and ensure project and program success
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
Responsible for database design, implementation and administration. Collaborate with program teams, and other engineers in the development of data products. Develop rapid and reliable data pipelines that make data easily consumable by analytic tools, other systems, and end users. Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines. Design and implement data schemas and models that can scale and utilize Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) techniques.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Agile development certifications preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Direct experience implementing Extract, Transform, Load techniques
- Direct knowledge of data warehouses with emphasis on Python & SQL scripting related to large data sets
- Ability to present data and concepts to technical audiences
- Knowledge or experience with Agile Scrum practices
- Excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or within a small team
- Ability to manage priorities across multiple project tasks
- Ability to work within accelerated schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer
- TS/SCI clearance required
Nice to have:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and or Advanced ITIL Certified
- General knowledge of SLA’s and IT service catalogs for labor and material
- Demonstrated experience with NGA or Mission Partners
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.