Database Administrator, Level 1
Database Admin | Hanover, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
We are seeking a Database Administrator, Level 1 to maintain the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s).
- Disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database
- Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes
What we are expecting from you (the qualifications you must have):
- ***Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance***
- Five (5) years’ experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
- Establish and maintain database user accounts
- Administer, maintain, and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
- Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
- Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
- Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
- Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.