Data Scientist - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Software Engineering | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Perform deep dive analysis into data sets and reports to identify problems or suspected issues with collected data.
- Analyze business operations requirements for data, evaluate existing data quality, and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Analyze output products to assure data quality and conformance to requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to increase available data quality and speed of delivery.
- Participate on an Agile development team, using Scrum techniques, as a contributing development team member.
- Collaborate with peers and provide professional assessments of project tasks
You will excel in this role if you enjoy:
- Working as part of a small team of data engineers/ developers and visualization specialists to analyze large sets of structured data, looking for anomalies and undiscovered correlations.
- Combining analytic, Python, and R skills to discover and solve data problems obscured to the layman by the sheer volume of data.
- Applying fuzzy matching and statistical analysis to find and deal with inaccurate data points or missing data, and work with data providers to correct their input feeds.
- Using a variety of tools to profile and visualize data, developing reports, dashboards, and repeatable analyses for leadership.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Twelve years of experience in application prototype development.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or a related discipline. Degree can be substituted for 4 more years of work experience..
- Solid Python scripting skills.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with Commercial and other unique data sources.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.