Software Engineering | Herndon, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
You will excel in this role if you have:
- Demonstrated experience architecting and engineering on AWS
- Demonstrated experience creating APIs with the use of OpenAPI and Swagger
- Demonstrated experience developing XML using XPath, XML Schema, Schematron, RelaxNG, or DOM/SAX/Stax parsing
- Demonstrated experience modeling and documenting complex data/metadata structures using common systems architecture and data modeling notation and techniques in order to capture, document, express, and share logical and physical data flow and models
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data database storage
- Demonstrated experience with Community-wide service and data standards such as PUBS.XML, IRM.XML, ISM.XML, CDR, RR-ID
- Demonstrated experience applying access control approaches such as ABAC and PBAC
- Demonstrated experience running Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs)
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience maintaining cooperative working relationships with customers and other employees
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Demonstrated experience applying the classification marking system
- Demonstrated experience using Google Protocol Buffers or Apache AVRO
Demonstrated experience using Enterprise Data Architecture tools such as SAP, Sybase PowerDesigner, or System Architect
- Demonstrated experience using data ontologies in data architecture
- Demonstrated experience creating certification and accreditation documentation
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other Sponsor teams to maximize the compatibility of the architecture with other project goals and needs
- Ts/SCI/fullscope poly
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience providing application development, user interface design, and cloud architecture support services.
- Experience developing new capabilities to enhance data discovery.
- Experience creating new software systems.
- Experience developing prototypes based on data discovery and usability by leveraging additional AWS and commercial technologies.
- Experience establishing applicable automation to existing and future applications in order to optimize system performance based on data discoverability and data usability.
- Experience sharing and developing new methods for Extraction, Transfer, Load processes.
- Experience facilitating data exchange between IT systems.
- Experience developing and integrating software tools specific to Big Data.
- Experience building new applications based on data discoverability and data usability in the sponsor’s cloud environment.
- Experience ensuring that applications transferred to an Enterprise environment function as they did before the transfer.
- Experience working closely with Program Team Leads.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders in support of an Enterprise solution on data standards.
- Experience establishing cloud environments for the development of new applications.
- Experience maintaining operating systems and system security protocols for new and existing applications and environments.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee-centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs, and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.