Cyber Resilience Program Management Consultant
PMO Support | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
AMO creates and uses complex, interconnected aircraft, vessel, operating center, and mobile IT systems that can be vulnerable to attack in a contested operational IT domain, posing significant security problems. These systems are critical to the sharing of operational information among AMO operators and those of partner organizations. AMO seeks to develop more secure, threat-resistant systems – in other words, more cyber resilient systems.
The Cyber Resilience Senior Program Management Consultant will be a thought leader in this area and will support AMO/Engineering in cyber resilience aspects of acquisition and program management consulting, supporting and coordinating among AMO/Sensors and Systems Integration, Tactical Aviation and Vessel Acquisition, Maritime Patrol Aircraft, and Unmanned Aircraft Systems program offices, as well as AMO and DHS Test and Evaluation (T&E). These planning and implementation activities occur throughout the entire acquisition/systems engineering life cycle. The individual programs have different acquisition and sustainment timelines, different budget sources, different stakeholders, and other factors.
The most significant priorities of these efforts are expected to center on cyber resilience T&E activities associated with major acquisition program (“gate”) reviews.
You will excel in this role if you have experience with the following:
Monitoring programs with an existing or potential IT nexus for cyber resilience aspects (and help AMO identify potential nexuses);
Helping to build an overall strategy to improve cyber resilience within its program portfolio and the critical interfacing activities it relies upon
Helping to baseline their systems for cyber resilience
Helping to identify programmatic opportunities to improve cyber resilience of individual systems and overall
Throughout the acquisition and systems development life cycle of programs, assisted the completion of the following cyber resilience T&E activities, either directly or through planning out for and coordination with a broader team, as required:
-Identifying Cyber Resilience Requirements
-Assembling/documenting threat information
-Identifying and analyzing Attack Surface and Kill Chain
-Defining Cyber Resilience T&E Strategy and Resources
-Developing Cyber Resilience Decision Support Questions and Measures
-Performing Cyber Table Top Exercise(s) (CTT)
-Planning for Cooperative Vulnerability and Penetration Assessment and Adversarial Assessment
-Updating planning and perform Cooperative Vulnerability and Penetration Assessment
-Performing CTT Update planning for Adversarial Assessment
-Defining Adversarial Assessment Rules of Engagement
-Considering early Adversarial Assessment as part of an Operational Assessment
-Performing Adversarial Assessment
-Requesting/monitoring cyber threat information and assess cyber resilience during system upgrades
-Ensuring that the final product baseline includes Cyber Resilience Design and Configuration and that the system is deployed in that configuration
-Before system disposal, removing all Critical Program Information and system data
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Program management and/or systems engineering certification(s) from Project Management Institute, Defense Acquisition University, or DHS
• Must have at least ten years of experience with DOD or DHS acquisition programs, or closely-related Federal programs, with at least three years of experience focusing on cyber resilience aspects of these programs
• Must have a successfully-adjudicated CBP background investigation to begin employment.
• Must obtain a Top Secret/SCI National Security clearance to continue employment.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
• Should have a thorough understanding of requirements development, and the association to the test and evaluation Measures of Cyber Security (MOCs) as well as Measures of Performance (MOPs) and Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs)
• Engineering degree or significant program management coursework considered a plus
• Basic understanding of sustainability of technology systems would be a plus
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.