Internal Application: Cloud Solution Architect
Infrastructure | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Your Mission: Expand your infrastructure skillset with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Enhance your current skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes building an enterprise-scale environment using AWS technologies coupled with DevOps methodologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a data science, advanced analytic, and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) expertise using the best of cloud! This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS services and the underlying operating systems themselves, to efficiently improve security automations, aid collaboration efforts with software engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes. This position offers the opportunity to use your existing infrastructure, IT, or systems engineering experience and apply it to solve problems with tools and concepts unique to AWS and Cloud Service Provider environments.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
· Lead the direction of the programs key initiative as they relate to Cloud design and capabilities.
· Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities.
· Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
· Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
· Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
· Troubleshoot deployment or infrastructure errors and develop creative solutions to avoid further issues.
You will excel in this role if you are:
· Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing data analytic environments and workflows.
· Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
· Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
· Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
· Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
· At least 11 years of technical experience with a strong fundamental understanding of IT concepts such as AAA, security, operating systems, and networking.
· At least 7 years of experience building compute architecture, to include the Top Secret or Secret commercial cloud environments.
· At 3 years of working with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc..)
· Experience working with Windows or Linux operating system environments.
· Familiarity with cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
· Experience with automation through the use of scripting languages such as Python, Go, Bash, or PowerShell.
· Experience with Windows or Linux configuration management, system administration, and troubleshooting
· Strong willingness to learn new technologies.
· Degree in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study
· Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications)
· AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Administrator Associate Certification.
· Familiarity with networking technologies and concepts.
· Experience with configuring and deploying containers
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.