Infrastructure | Ft. Belvoir, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
AWS has selected Applied Insight to support them in the operations and sustainment (O&S) of AWS hosted common shared services environment for the US Army Enterprise Cloud Management Office (ECMO). This effort affords all team members the unique opportunity of working with bleeding edge cloud computing technologies supporting numerous services within Amazon Web Services classified region. This is a brand-new effort for Applied Insight, so we are entering on the ground floor – which gives us the complete freedom to architect a complete O&S solution from beginning-to-end based on our unique expertise in this area, design considerations, best practices, and requirements from the customer.
Applied Insight is in the unique position of having been the lead integrator of similar cloud-centric solutions for other government clients and has access to a collaborative staff of cloud computing SMEs for knowledge transfer and support throughout the company. Applied Insight was explicitly sought out for this effort because of our AWS expertise, our ability to engineer innovative cloud solutions, and our close-knit partnership with AWS.
Your Mission: Expand your leadership and cloud skills with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You will be given the opportunity to help to design and build advanced technical solutions within cloud-based environments based on the results of customer requirements gathering initiatives. This position is a golden opportunity to architect a complex environment based on specific missions identified by the client. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with the customer, your technical team members, project leadership, AWS services to create a secure, scalable cloud computing architectures.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Help to identify and solidify customer requirements for projects/tasks
- Deliver articulate and effective briefings/presentations on complex security, infrastructure, and networking topics.
- Create relevant documentation to aid in successful engineering planning and execution efforts
- Provide architecture support to technical team leads and staff
- Assist with Communications to all levels of Stakeholders
- Advise team leadership and government stakeholders on the feasibility of potential future projects and solutions
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help deliver a game-changing services platform.
- A “technology translator”: You will be bridging the gap between both technical and non-technical audiences and must be able to speak to each in a language they understand.
- Big Picture thinker with execution know-how: You will need to understand the customer’s overarching high-level goals as well as the goals of each individual team.
- Motivated: You are a self-starter who is eager to learn new techniques, methodologies, technologies, and best practices for system implementations.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 10+ years’ experience in technical and complex project management.
- 3 years’ experience with migration to AWS and optimization.
- Experience leading multiple simultaneous development efforts or technology initiatives.
- Able to balance technical leadership and be savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions for customers.
- Able to understand and explain technical subject matter to non-technical and highly technical audiences.
- Experience analyzing proposed capabilities, recommends COAs, and develops solutions to address areas of concern for shortfalls.
- Able to develop concept papers, technical white papers, and related documentation detailing cybersecurity practices for solution implementation throughout DoD.
- Experience analyzing customer requirements, designing high-level system architectures, creating system requirements specifications, and authoring CONOPs documents.
- Experience conducting briefings to a variety of audiences and convey information in a clear and articulate manner.
- Able to develop and deliver articulate and effective briefings/presentations on complex topics as applicable to assigned projects to any size audience that may include high-level decision makers.
- Able to create a positive client support experience and build relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution.
- AWS Certification at the Professional or Specialty level.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Current DoD Secret Clearance
Nice to have:
- At a minimum, you should have an understanding/ knowledge of commercial cloud architectures, capabilities, and services to include the AWS Secure Cloud Computing Architecture
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Experience operating within DoD environments of Intelligence Community environments
- Experience in Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.