AWS DevOps Engineer
DevOps | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Building custom environment automation solutions to solve complex customer problems
- Managing feature-rich cloud environments (both AWS and Azure)
- Architecting cloud capabilities to account for security, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Streamline manual processes by introducing automation efforts
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and methodologies on a daily basis
- Ensuring that all solutions are implemented in a secure manner to protect our clients
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Automation-focused: You are always looking for ways to automate manual processes or introduce orchestration into daily operational tasks.
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including programming/scripting languages, AWS, Azure, Linux and Windows O/S, and others.
- Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand a customer or team members overarching goal while designing automation solutions that address those goals.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop solutions for use by a multitude of customers.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you should have):
- Active TS/SCI clearance and eligible for CI poly
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), etc.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating system environments, including installation, configuration, operation, and customization efforts.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc. for process and workflow automation.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest cloud-computing, networking, and infrastructure management technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- At least 10 years of applicable technical experience with BS/BA in related technical discipline. At least 15 years of experience required without degree.
Nice to have:
- Technical certifications from organizations such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, RedHat, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, CSP-native containerization tools, etc.
- Experience with auditing/logging tools such as ElasticSearch, Kibana, Fluentd, Apache NiFi, Splunk, CSP-native logging mechanisms, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Experience working with infrastructure security tools/products such as Tenable, McAfee, Cylance, Security Onion, etc.
- Experience with development of remote access solutions such as VDI (AWS WorkSpaces, Azure Windows Remote Desktop) and VPN (AppGate, OpenVPN, Cisco AnyConnect).
- Experience with managing and customizing system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Nagios, etc.
- Experience managing a distributed vulnerability scanning environment using Tenable, Rapid7, OpenVAS, etc.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.