Acquisition Professional, Level 2
Acquisition | Ft. Meade, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As an Acquisition Professional, you will draft pre-solicitation documents that reflect the Government’s requirements while adhering to all applicable agency policies and federal regulations.
The Level 2 Acquisition Professional (AP) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Support Government Program Managers (GPMs) in the identification and collection of Minimum Acquisition Requirements
- Coordinate and schedule pre-acquisition meetings, to include IPTs
- Conduct market research and document findings
- Draft market surveys and analyze results
- Draft Competition in Contracting Act (CICA) justifications for other than full and open competition
- Write requirements documents to include Statements of Work (SOWs), Statements of Objectives (SOOs), Technical Task Orders (Completion and LOE), Labor Categories, and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- For Non-Major System Acquisitions and Non-Acquisition Category efforts below $93M, assist the Government in documenting, and implementing contract/acquisition strategies including preparation of briefing slides for Acquisition/Contract Strategy Meetings, Pre-ASM/$5M Brief to Head of Contracting, and Pre-solicitation Conferences.
- Assist the Government in documenting source selection plans and proposal requirements including writing Source Selection Plans (SSPs), Proposal Preparation Instructions (PPIs) and Proposal Evaluation Criteria (PECs)
- Provide assistance in analyzing and developing improved policies, plans, methods, procedures, and systems of acquisition management
- For Non-Major System Acquisitions and Non-Acquisition Category efforts above $93M, assist the Government in documenting, and implementing contract/acquisition strategies including preparation of briefing slides for Acquisition/Contract Strategy Meetings, Pre-ASM/$5M Brief to Head of Contracting, and Pre-solicitation Conferences
- For Non-Major System Acquisitions and Non-Acquisition Category efforts of any value, assist the Government in setting acquisition strategies by recommending strategies that take into account the specific set of requirements, any schedule considerations, the current political climate, and relevant acquisition policies.
- Write Award Fee Plans documenting the Government’s strategies to incentivize performance
- Assist the Government in providing oversight and compliance review of acquisition documentation at all levels of preparation
- Advise in the interpretation and tailoring of agency acquisition regulations/memorandums to ensure affordable, supportable and effective systems are delivered to the customer
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Eight (8) years of demonstrated combined experience in DoD acquisition management, DoD contracting, or DoD contract management is required
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a business or technical focus is required
- In lieu of a degree, DAWIA Level II in any focus area and an additional three (3) years of directly related experience for a total of eleven (11) years may be substituted
- In lieu of certification, an additional three (3) years of directly related experience for a total of fourteen (14) years may be substituted
- Minimum of two years’ experience writing pre-solicitation documents in compliance with agencies Policy 8-2, including annexes, or another DoD Agency’s similarly guiding acquisition policy
- Experience in DoD source selection desired
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.