Registered Nurse / RN - Assistant Nurse Manager (10146)
Registered Nurse / RN | Dilley, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing for a Registered Nurse - Assistant Nurse Manager to work with our potential client located in Dilley, TX. This position is dependent on contract award. In this role, you will support the Nurse Manager in providing direct supervision of nursing staff and overseeing all aspects of the nursing program within the facility.
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the organizational structure of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services. IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for detainee health care.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Nurses are the largest group of health care providers within IHSC staffed facilities, providing care 24 hours per day. As part of a comprehensive primary care team (nurses, medical providers, dental providers, behavioral health providers, administrative staff), nurses in IHSC practice in a collaborative environment providing ambulatory, emergency, mental health, and infirmary care. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the Nurse Manager in providing direct supervision of nursing staff and overseeing all aspects of the nursing program within the facility. Manages staff scheduling, coverage for absences, develops and executes orientation and other staff training, and provides guidance and counseling to staff to maximize performance and adherence to appropriate guidance. The Assistant Nurse Manager is fully oriented and credentialed as a registered nurse and provides care to patients as needed to meet mission requirements.
- Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Graduate from an associate’s, baccalaureate, or graduate nursing program for Registered Nurses located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory accredited by The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; graduate degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Minimum six years professional nursing experience.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience.
- Experience in a detention/correctional healthcare setting preferred.
- Current, full and unrestricted license as Registered Nurse in the state in which the duty station is located, or a compact state that allows practice in the state in which the duty station is located. Any changes to license must be reported to employer immediately.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart Association®. Certified Correctional Health Professional, Certified Correctional Health Professional – Registered Nurse, Certified Corrections Nurse, or Certified Correctional Nurse/Manager credential preferred.
Required Attributes and Professional Qualities
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Cultural competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
EEO Statement on Job Postings:
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation in the hiring process, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.