Recreation Coordinator (11606)
Social Programs | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Recreation Coordinator to work with our client. In this role, you will ensure that unaccompanied children have access to high-quality recreational and leisure time activities, which can be essential for their well-being and overall adjustment to their new surroundings. The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive recreation and leisure program for unaccompanied children residing at the facility. The Recreation Coordinator will work closely with other staff to ensure that activities are appropriate, safe, and meet the needs and interests of the children. The Recreation Coordinator will maintain a recreation activity log, monitor the progress of the children, and work to continuously improve the recreation program.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive recreation program for unaccompanied children at the facility. Activities may include, but are not limited to, sports, games, arts and crafts, music, dance, and cultural activities.
- Work closely with other staff members to ensure that the recreation program meets the needs and interests of the children.
- Ensure that all activities are appropriate, safe, and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain a recreation activity log to document the activities and progress of the children.
- Monitor the progress of the children in the recreation program and work to continuously improve the program to meet their needs.
- Provide supervision to children during recreation activities to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- Coordinate with outside agencies and organizations to provide additional resources for the recreation program.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies are maintained and stored properly.
- Maintain accurate records and reports related to the recreation program as required by policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of experience in developing and implementing recreational programs for children.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of child development, behavior management techniques, and cultural diversity.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.